The deposit, cancellation and refund policies for groups attending 2023-2024 L'Taken weekends.
There is an $80 deposit per space requested (both student and chaperone). In the event your group is larger than anticipated, you may add spaces only with written consent from the Religious Action Center and you must submit additional deposits in order for us to confirm your increased group size. The RAC requires that each congregation/group bring at least one chaperone for every 9 students participating.
How do deposits work?
Deposits are applied only for the final number of participants (including chaperones) you bring to the Seminar.
One deposit is applied for every person who attends the seminar, including chaperones. In other words, if a group reserves 20 spots with 20 deposits and only brings 10 people, the group forfeits 10 deposits. Read on for details and cancellation timeline.
All cancellations must be sent in writing to LTaken@rac.org
Between registration and August 15:
- Groups can choose to forward all their paid deposits to a future registration or receive a full refund.
Between August 16 and forms deadline/10 weeks prior to the weekend:
- If your group has to cancel their reservation entirely, half of the paid deposits can be applied to a future reservation and half will be withheld due to administrative fees.
If your group has to cancel some of spaces from your registration, but will still be attending L'Taken, then half of the deposit ($40) for each cancelled spot can be applied to the final bill or applied to a future registration. Half of the deposit ($40) for each cancelled spot will be withheld due to administrative fees
Between the forms deadline/10 weeks out and the cancellation deadline (2 weeks prior to your weekend)*
- Entirety of paid deposits for each spot cancelled will be withheld for administrative fees. No other fees apply.
After the Cancellation Deadline (2 weeks prior to your weekend):
- Full cost of program fees is due. Accounts not paid will be subject to a 1.5% monthly charge.
- No refunds or application to future reservations will be given during this time period, with exception of a documented medical emergency within 7 or fewer days prior to event date. In this case a 50% refund will be granted.
- We recommend that families purchase travel insurance to protect their investment, should the family need to cancel their child's participation in the program. See more information below.
Please Note: Cancellations will change your room division and potentially your per person cost. Individual costs may go up.
*Below are the deadlines for the 2023-2024 L’Taken season:
For groups attending L'Taken, applicable refunds will be processed after the completion of your L'Taken seminar and may take up to 6 weeks to process.
For groups that have cancelled their entire registration, applicable refunds may take up to 6 weeks to process after your cancellation has been confirmed.
We encourage congregations to work directly with a trip insurance broker to offer their families the opportunity to purchase insurance to protect their investment, should the family need to cancel their child's participation in the program. The URJ's preferred vendor is TravMark (learn more). In the event that L'Taken is running but a family chooses to cancel, our normal cancellation policies will apply.
Please reach out to Travmark with any questions about their insurance policy.
IMPORTANT NOTE : Families must obtain their insurance package before making final payment for the trip, so we encourage you to look into this option before collecting final payment from your families. Questions about TravMark's policies? Contact Mark Ceslowitz