The Reform Movement through RAC-Ohio is partnering with Ohioans United for Reproductive Rights to protect reproductive freedom through a November ballot amendment. As part of this campaign we are making sure voters know about this important ballot measure during an 'off year' election when voter turnout is usually very low.
First, order a postcard kit. Each postcard kit contains instructions, a script, labels for the script (registrar contact information or pledge to vote), voter addresses, and 30 postcards. You will need to provide the stamps.
- If you are postcarding with a group, make sure everyone fills out the nonpartisan pledge or the QR code at the bottom of this page.
- Use only cards provided by the RAC, with the clear messages about the election.
- Please use the script (on the back) as a guide: Written in collaboration with our partner organizations for specific voter groups. Please only use the specific talking points listed and remain nonpartisan.
- Please respect and protect voter privacy: Shred and delete voter lists when done. Cover personal info if taking photos of your written postcards to share with friends.
- Neatly hand write and address: a personal touch. Do not pre-print addresses or script. If your handwriting is iffy, please have a friend check your cards for legibility. Examples are at the top of this page.
- You can use color to underline or highlight key phrases or decorate a bit. This makes our cards eye-catching and personal; more likely to be noticed, picked up and read!
- Leave 1" space under address for the Post Office to affix or print a barcode, and ample room at the top for the postmark. No decorative stickers, as they can jam postal scanners.
- Please make sure all postcards are mailed by October 31st at the latest!
- Feel free to ask questions of the RAC campaign team.
- Before you begin writing your postcards take a moment to mark the moment with a blessing. Take what could be a mundane act and elevate it to a higher level. You can offer the blessing provided on this small card or another of your own choosing or creation.
- Learn more and get involved in RAC-Ohio's Reproductive Justice Campaign!