Our commitment to the pursuit of justice and providing meaningful opportunities for our high school students is unwavering. To that end, we launched the RAC Social Justice Academy—a new program for the 2020-2021 year to offer meaningful, fun and actionable Jewish social justice education in a virtual setting in light of the injustice the pandemic laid bare.
The very justice issues we have long addressed at L’Taken have only been made clearer by the pandemic, from access to health care to economic inequality and beyond. More than ever, we must expand the ranks of committed social justice activists. We are excited about the new opportunities the RAC Social Justice Academy will provide as we continue to inspire and develop the next generation of justice leaders. Join us!
Rabbi David Saperstein Social Justice Scholars
The RAC is excited to announce a new opportunity for RAC Social Justice Academy participants: the Rabbi David Saperstein Social Justice Scholars. To be a Scholar, we require that students:
- Participate in and complete all three Social Justice Academy units (Students who register for all three units will automatically be enrolled in the Scholars program)
- Demonstrate active and engaged participation throughout the duration of the Academy
- Participate in a lobby visit, or other advocacy action upon completion of Unit three
Upon completion, Scholars will receive:
- A digital certificate of completion
- RAC Social Justice Academy stickers (swag!)
- An invitation to a bonus Zoom call with a special, celebrity guest!
- Suggested language about the program to use on a resume
- If our program meets your school’s Service Learning requirements, we are happy to provide 9.25 hours