As a project of the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism, RAC-NJ seeks to ensure that New Jersey’s Reform Jews are heard and heeded as Jews in Trenton, and that our communities’ Jewish values, including, , and , are included in policymaking as our state leaders work to build a more just and compassionate society for all New Jersey residents.
Please join RAC-NJ for our upcoming civic engagement and congregational team trainings and hear from representatives from across party lines.
- Feb. 4, 7:30 p.m. ET: Temple Emeth, Teaneck and RAC-NJ in Conversation with Senator Loretta Weinberg
- Feb. 5, noon ET: Temple Emanu-El, Westfield and RAC-NJ in Conversation with Assemblyman Jon Bramnick
- Feb. 10, 7:30 p.m. ET: RAC-NJ Strategies for Organizing: Legislator Conversations
- Feb. 18, 7 p.m. ET: RAC-NJ Congregational Team Panel: Imagining the Possibilities
RAC-NJ 2021 Civic Engagement Campaign
- Did you know that New Jersey is one of only two states (along with Virginia) that elects its governor and legislature in odd years? On November 2, 2021, New Jerseyans will vote for their governor and all 120 seats in the New Jersey state legislature.
- In 2017, New Jersey’s most recent gubernatorial election, only 39 percent of registered New Jersey voters cast ballots. We know that we can – and we must – do better in 2021. Now is the time for your congregation to develop strategies to “double your impact” in 2021 by turning out at least 78 percent of your community members to cast ballots this November.
- We are far more likely to vote if we know who our legislators are and what they’re doing to represent us and our values in Trenton. RAC-NJ’s 2021 Civic Engagement Campaign challenges our congregations to develop public relationships with our local legislators so that they represent the community’s needs and interests.
RAC-NJ 2021 Racial and Economic Justice Campaign
- RAC-NJ’s Research Team is hard at work finalizing our 2021 racial and economic justice campaign, the topic chosen from the results of our 2020 house meeting campaign. We anticipate launching our issue campaign around Passover. Stay tuned for more details!
RAC-NJ Email Sign Up
Learn more about the RAC's key issues and get involved by signing up for the RAC-NJ's newsletter.
Thank you for subscribing to emails from the RAC! Please check your inbox for our emails and to manage your subscription.
Learn More and Get Involved
Civic engagement is central to RAC-NJ’s work, as we cannot ensure that our voices are heard and heeded in Trenton if we do not participate in our democratic processes. 2021 is a gubernatorial election year in New Jersey. Every seat in the New Jersey state legislature is on the ballot. This is the year to act – together – to ensure that our values help to inform decision-making in Trenton