Every Voice, Every Vote.
The Reform Movement's 2020 Civic Engagement Campaign
As Reform Jews, we believe democracy is strongest when everyone participates – and it suffers when citizens are shut out from the democratic process or choose not to engage.
The Reform Jewish Movement’s 2020 Civic Engagement Campaign encourages all U.S. citizens to exercise their right to vote and to break down obstacles that shut some out of the voting booth.
What is this campaign?
Every Voice, Every Vote is the Reform Jewish Movement’s 2020 civic engagement campaign, a nonpartisan effort to strengthen our democracy by encouraging everyone to participate in the U.S. election and ensuring that Reform Jewish values are represented in the public square.
What does the campaign entail?
This campaign has three areas of focus:
- Mobilizing our voters: With outreach in our congregations and communities, our goal is 100 percent voter participation. Learn more.
- Combating voter suppression: We’re working in coalition to achieve universal voter access and encourage universal participation. Learn more.
- Engaging student voters: We’re working with youth leaders to significantly increase the number of young voters. Learn more.
Who is this campaign for?
We know our impact is strongest when we all act together. If you believe that civic engagement is important for the Jewish community, we want you with us!
This campaign aims to mobilize the entire Reform Jewish Movement, including congregations, NFTY regions, WRJ sisterhoods, camp communities, and college students. It will also include opportunities for individuals to participate, independent of organized communities.
How can I get involved?
- Sign up to participate: Use this sign-up form to join the campaign, commit to taking action, access our voter engagement toolkits, tools, and more.
- Attend our trainings:
- Register for Every Voice, Every Vote: Every Week, a weekly campaign call at 8:00 pm ET. Each week will include a brief introduction to the campaign, a deeper dive to learn about different aspects of the campaign, and office hours to answer questions and provide you with support.
- Register for our Mobilizing Our Voters Training on June 11, 2020 at 8:00pm ET
- Register for our Student Civic Engagement Training series for high school and college students on June 29, 2020 at 9:00pm ET, July 28, 2020 at 5:00pm ET, and August 23, 2020 at 3:00pm ET
- California presents unique opportunities and challenges for voter engagement in our state. Join one of two identical webinars on Tuesday, June 23 at noon PT or Wednesday, June 24 at 6:00 pm. PT. This event will give information and training on how California congregations and Reform communities can participate in the national Reform movement's voter engagement efforts.
- Join the conversation: If you’re already a member of a Reform community, join the conversation The Tent, the communications and collaboration platform for Reform Jewish leaders. Be sure to use #CivicEngagement in your posts.
- Learn more: Read RAC Director Rabbi Jonah Pesner's announcement of Every Voice, Every Vote at the URJ Biennial in December 2019.
- Support the RAC: Give generously to sustain the work of the Civic Engagement Campaign.
And finally: Tell us about your work! We want to celebrate your community’s efforts and make sure they’re counted as part of the campaign, so let us know about your civic engagement work.