June is LGBTQ Pride Month! Hosting a Pride Shabbat service is an excellent way to honor the movement for LGBTQ equality and inclusion, to celebrate recent victories against discrimination, and to commit to the work ahead. Below are some resources to help plan a pride Shabbat in your congregation or home!
- Selected liturgy, readings and poems
- Sample pride Shabbat program from Temple Beth Am in Seattle, Washington
- Pride and the Promised Land: Journeys of Justice. Delivered by Rabbi Adam Rosenwasser
- Pride Shabbat 2013 Sermon. Delivered by Rabbi Karen R. Perolman
- LGBTQ Pride Shabbat Sermon. A version of this sermon was delivered by Matthew Gewirtz
- Add Yourself to the Acronym: Understanding (Trans)Gender in Jewish Life. Delivered by Rabbi Jen Gubitz