You've registered to bring your congregation or group to a L'Taken Social Justice Seminar. We can't wait to welcome you to DC! Now, it's time to explain the program to families, and recruit students to come.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Customizable promotional flyer
- Printable L'Taken Parent's Guide brochure
- Sample informational email to send to families about L'Taken
- L'Taken's YouTube channel, with several videos about the program including two new videos, specifically aimed at adults and students
- As seen on Buzzfeed: "Top 10 Reasons to Attend the RAC's L'Taken Seminars"
- Sample weekend schedule, with details and photos
- L'Taken in the news: blog posts and local news articles about L'Taken
Watch & Learn: What Is L'Taken?
What People are Saying
Debbie Roos, a parent from San Antonio, TX: "How do I write about a program that may have single-handedly both locked in our daughter’s career path and turned the final key in guaranteeing her active involvement as a Jewish adult?"
Susan Steinbrink, Leslie Weiss, Michelle Landau and Sharon Kollender, parents from Maple Glen, PA: "This program provided meaningful opportunities for hands-on learning, igniting curiosity, building life-long friendships, being part of something bigger and discovering one's own voice. Each of our children came back energized, excited and proud, having grown in immeasurable ways over those few days at L'Taken."
Ann Wolff, a parent from Los Altos, CA: "The opportunity to advocate for social justice on Capitol Hill has been an unforgettable highlight of her life. The experience resulted in her decision to major in politics and government when she heads to college next year."
Every winter, the RAC brings over 2,000 high school students from across the country to Washington, D.C. for a weekend of learning about social justice, advocacy, and Jewish values - culminating in a lobby day on Capitol Hill.