At the 2019 Consultation on Conscience, we encourage congregations to attend as part of a Delegation. The Delegation experience provides opportunities for relationship building among congregational social justice leaders, networking with other Delegations, learning and skill building to acquire the necessary tools to return home equipped to strengthen your congregational social justice work.
BENEFITS FOR DELEGATIONS INCLUDE:
- Registration discount for all Delegation members
- Pre-conference prep webinar for Delegation Leaders, including best practices to ensure the best possible Delegation experience
- Pre-conference materials designed to help your Delegation share, reflect, and learn
- Promotion of your Delegation’s name and logo in conference materials and onsite displays
- Opportunities for pre-conference and on-site for coaching for your Delegation (sign up will open in the spring on a first-come, first-served basis)
- Special Monday lunch program geared towards Delegations
- Post-conference follow-up opportunities for continued network-building among Delegations
DELEGATION LEADER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Commit to recruiting a group of participants from your congregation
- Register as a Delegation Leader before registering for the conference
- Distribute promotion code to Delegation members so they can register with the Delegation discount
- Meet with your Delegation in advance of the conference (virtually or in person)
- Serve as your Delegation's primary point of contact for conference logistics
- Facilitate opportunities for your Delegation to connect on site to share, reflect, and learn together
What is the size of a Delegation?
A Delegation consists of at least 4 people. A Large Delegation consists of 8 or more people.
Is any financial assistance offered to Delegation?
Delegation members will receive a discount code from their Delegation Leader. Additionally, small congregation grants will be available through a separate application process--one grant is available per congregation. These grants are available to Delegation members from congregations with 250 families or less. Please contact Merry Lugassy (email@example.com) for more information.
What if I’m at a small congregation and unable to recruit at least 4 people to attend the Consultation?
We highly encourage you to attend the Consultation as part of a Delegation, but it is not required. If you are unable to attend with a Delegation you will have the option to be matched with other attendees from your geographic area who are also not part of a Delegation during the Monday lunch program.
Will there be designated times during the Consultation for my Delegation to meet?
We encourage Delegations to designate check in times throughout the conference and to have dinner as a Delegation on Monday evening. The Monday lunch program will also be Delegation-focused.
Can I participate as a Delegation with my organization?
Programming at the Consultation on Conscience will be geared towards congregational social justice teams. To make the most out of the Consultation, we highly recommend participating as part of a congregational Delegation.
Can we have two Delegation leaders?
On the form to register as a Delegation Leader, there is an option to add a second point of contact. This person will also receive all pre-conference materials and can help you lead and recruit your Delegation.