To learn more, visit the following websites:
- The RAC's Background on the Global AIDS Epidemic
- UNAIDS: The Joint Program on HIV/AIDS
- The American Jewish World Service
- The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee
- The Center for Health and Gender Equity's "PEPFAR Watch"
- The Global Health Council
- The International AIDS Candelight Memorial
- The Washington Office on Africa
- The World Health Organization
- The World Bank Response to the International AIDS Epidemic
Observing World AIDS Day
Every year on December 1, people around the world recognize World AIDS Day, an opportunity to think about those who have lost their lives to AIDS, the progress made, and the struggle ahead. These resources can help you observe World AIDS Day during a Shabbat service.