The Rally was a tremendous success thanks to your support! Take the next step and become a local advocate for Darfur!
View Photos From the April 30th Save Darfur Rally
Rally Details: Sunday, April 30
On Sunday, April 30, 2006, the Reform Jewish Movement will join with thousands of people from around the country for the Save Darfur: Rally to Stop Genocide in Washington, DC to raise awareness about the genocide that is occurring in Darfur. The Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism is coordinating the Movement’s participation. The March will take place on the National Mall between 3rd and 4th Streets in front of the U.S. Capitol at 1:30 pm. You can take the Orange or Blue Metro Lines to the Federal Center SW stop. Don't forget to bring water, sunscreen, a hat, comfortable shoes and a blanket to sit on. In case of rain, bring a small umbrella and a poncho.
> Register Now
Where to meet? How to find each other?
Shabbat Service: Friday, April 28
Tikkun Leil Shabbat and DC Reform Chavurah will be holding Shabbat services on Friday, April 28 at 7:00 PM at the Religious Action Center. The service will feature a special D'var Tikkun on the situation in Sudan and will be followed by a potluck vegetarian dinner. Please bring a vegetarian or hechshered vegetarian entree or salad if you plan on staying for dinner. More information on the service is available!
Havdalah Service: Saturday, April 29
A Havdalah Service will take place the night before the Rally, on Saturday, April 29 at 7:45pm at the Thomas Jefferson Memorial in Washington, DC.
Capitol Hill Advocacy Visits: Monday, May 1
Advocacy visits on Darfur will take place on Capitol Hill Monday, May 1 from 8:30am-noon.
> More Information
Reform Movement March T-Shirts
The T-shirts have been shipped! If this is a problem, please contact us.
The Reform Movement will be selling Reform Movement March T-Shirts for $18. The shirts will say, "Not on Our Watch! Reform Jewish Movement Rallies for Darfur" and will be available in adult sizes (S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL). These Union-Made t-shirts will be 100% cotton , heather gray, and made in the USA. Click on t-shirt image to see larger version.
> Order T-Shirts
Due to regulations of the National Mall, we will not be able to sell these t-shirts at the Rally.
Urge Congress to Support Funding and an Increased US Commitment to End the Genocide
Download Flyers, Ads, and Bulletin Articles > PDF Flyer about the Rally (with Blanks for your own information)
> PDF Flyer about the Rally
> Camera Ready Ad for Temple Bulletin (PDF - 1.0 MB)
> Text Bulletin Article (DOC - 32 KB)
Accommodations in DC
This is peak season in Washington, so it is suggested if you are staying overnight to make your hotel reservations ASAP. To be close to all the events, you should plan on staying near the National Mall or Capitol Hill area or on in an area close to a Metro (subway) stop.
Action Alerts on Darfur
Take action NOW by sending message to the President and Congress on the Crisis in Darfur
8 Things Your Congregation Should Be Doing to Get Ready for the Rally to Save Darfur
- Sign up for the RAC’s Darfur e-mail list to receive updates about the situation in Darfur and the April 30th Rally.
- Reach out to other faith groups and advocacy organizations within your community. Encourage them to send a delegation to Washington for the April 30th Rally and ask if they want to share a bus.
- Join the Million Voices for Darfur Postcard Campaign and let President Bush know that you are paying attention.
- Publicize the April 30th Rally in your synagogue and in your community.
- Write an Op-Ed for your local newspaper to raise awareness about the situation in Darfur in your community. Stress the importance of sending buses to Washington for the April 30 th Rally.
- Order Reform Movement Save Darfur t-shirts.
- Make signs for the April 30th Rally.
- Invite a speaker for Shabbat services and/or encourage your rabbi to give a Darfur-themed sermon.
For More Information
For more information, please e-mail email@example.com