PLEASE PROVIDE THESE GUIDELINES TO INDIVIDUALS WRITING YOUR LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
Thank you for recommending an applicant to the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism's Eisendrath Legislative Assistant (LA) program.
LAs advocate in Washington, D.C. on behalf of the Reform Jewish Movement's social justice agenda. LAs take part in a wide range of social action activities including: monitoring legislation; developing synagogue social action programming; coordinating special events; creating educational materials; planning and running weekend conferences for teens; and mobilizing the grassroots of American Jewry.
When writing your recommendation, please consider the following:
- Is the applicant capable of working effectively in a group setting?
- Is the applicant capable of working effectively in a fast-paced setting?
- Is the applicant able to meet deadlines?
- Is the applicant able to work within an institutional structure?
- How does the applicant receive feedback and constructive criticism?
- Is the applicant able to communicate ideas effectively through public speaking?
- Does the applicant think creatively?
- Does the applicant possess good writing skills?
- Does the applicant possess good research skills?
- Does the applicant possess good analytical skills?
Completed applications, including letters of recommendation, must be received by February 19, 2015. You may have your letter of recommendation returned by email (preferred) to BWeinstein@rac.org in advance of that date or mail it directly to:
Barbara Weinstein, Associate Director
c/o Eisendrath Legislative Assistant Program
Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism
2027 Massachusetts Ave. NW
Washington DC 20036