Internships at The Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism
The Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism (RAC) is seeking part-time Interns.
Internship applicants for the Fall semester will be considered over the summer. Internship applications for the Spring Semester will be considered in the Fall.
The Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism is the Washington office of the Union for Reform judaism and the Central Conference of American Rabbis, representing 1.5 million Reform Jews and 1,700 Reform rabbis in over 900 congregations throughout North America. Located in Dupont Circle, the Center represents the Reform Jewish Movement to the Congress and to the Administration; develops extensive legislative and programmatic social action materials for the Reform Movement; and trains nearly 2,000 Jewish adults, youth, rabbinic and lay leaders each year in social justice work.
Intern duties including:
- Assisting in public relations and marketing efforts of organization
- Helping to write content for RAC's website www.rac.org and publications
- Researching on a variety of issues
- Attending press conferences & events
- Working on grassroots outreach
- Database and list management
- Assist Program Department with preparation for our L'taken and other seminars
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Experience in using Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel), electronic mail and the Internet
- Strong proofreading and editing skills
- Energetic, self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Any computer/internet programming skills will be considered an asset, but are not required.
The position(s) is unpaid and requires a commitment of at least 9-15 hours per week, but those hours are flexible.
Information on Communications-specific Internship Role
If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact Rabbi Michael Namath at 202-387-2800.