Don't forget to register your Congo program!
Hold a Congo “Teach-In”
Educate and activate members of your community with this engaging educational tool. Use the annotated presentation provided to trace the crisis from its roots in Colonial Congo to the current epidemic of violence against women.
Film screenings are a great way to jumpstart a discussion or course of action. Consider showing one of the following documentaries or short films.
Host a Book club
The following books can lead to interesting discussions about the current situation in the Congo.
- King Leopold’s Ghost by Adam Hochschild
- All Things Must Fight to Live: Stories of War and Deliverance in Congo by Bryan Mealer
- In the Footsteps of Mr. Kurtz: Living on the Brink of Disaster in Mobutu's Congo by Michela Wrong
- The Congo Wars: Conflict, Myth and Reality by Thomas Turner
- The Congo: From Leopold to Kabila, A People’s History by George Nzongola-Ntalaja
Plan a CONGO/Women Photo Exhibition
To book this exhibition for your community venue and join us in standing with these brave women, please contact: email@example.com
Raise Funds for Nothing But Nets
Malaria is the major cause of sickness and death in children. It drastically impacts the local society and the economy. Yet, only 5 percent of pregnant women and children under five sleep beneath insecticide-treated bed nets in Congo. For just $10 you can purchase a bed net and help prevent the spread of this disease in Africa through Nothing But Nets.