How Do I Schedule a Visit?
- Plan for the process to take 1-3 weeks, as setting up a visit often requires several follow-up calls.
- Begin by checking your Member's website for information on setting up a meeting.
- Many offices require a written request, some involve faxing or emailing.
- If you cannot find that information, call the office and ask to speak to the scheduler in the office.
- Identify yourself as a constituent, and request a meeting with the Representative or Senator or a member of his or her staff on the issue you will address.
- An example written request can be found here.