Prepare the information on this checklist prior to completing your online application.
Before submitting a 2015 Fain Social Action Award application online, we recommend that you prepare the information on this checklist and have it easily available to “cut-and-paste” into your application. Once this information has been compiled, visit www.rac.org/fain to apply. Please note that once you begin the online application, you will not be able to stop, save your submission, and return to complete it at a later time. Please direct any questions to Isaac Nuell at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 387-2800.
Download a printable checklist here.
GENERAL CONTACT INFORMATION
- Congregation Information: name, mailing address, website URL, URJ District. If you do not know your congregation’s size or District, visit the URJ's directory search and view your congregation’s “Profile”
- Primary contact for application: name, title or position (Rabbi, Social Action Chair, Lay Leader, etc.), email address, phone number
- Clergy Contact: name, email
- Has your congregation ever won a Fain Award? Please note: If your congregation won a Fain Award in 2011 or 2013, you are not eligible to apply for a 2015 Fain Award. If your congregation received an Honorable Mention in 2011 or 2013, you are eligible to apply. All others are eligible.
- Program Title
- Description of need, problem, or topic addressed by program
e.g. hunger, homelessness
- Program goals
150 words or less
- Timeline of major milestones in program
- Audiences within congregation
e.g. seniors, young families, religious school
- Description of congregational engagement
e.g. "Our youth group coordinated the congregation's effor to collect furniture, clothing, and toys for a family transitioning from a local shelter to their own home. They made signs which were placed around our building, spoke at services every Friday night, and planned a welcome-home party for the family, which was attended by more than 100 congregants."
- Name of program coordinator
- Budget estimate
- Explanation of how your program tackled the need, problem, or topic described above
- Outcome of your program
e.g. What impact did you have on the food pantry's capacity? Were 100 people given housing for a week?
- Definition of success
Was there a buzz about the program in the community? Did participants stay involved after the program ended? Was the program extended due to demand?
- How has this program strengthened your congregation?
- If applicable, describe peripheral audiences within the congergation how they were engaged, as well as any partnerships with outside organizations.
- Attachments: We strongly encourage congregations to include attachments. These additional components enhance your application and help us to better understand and assess your program. Please attach any/all of the following:
- Photos (Each application MUST include at least one digital photo)
- Program Material samples (hand-outs, flyers, text studies, etc.)
- Press coverage (links or copies of articles from local newspapers, synagogue newsletters, etc.)
- Additional Information: Any additional information you’d like to share to help us better understand your program.
Contact Isaac Nuell, Manager of Congregational Social Action at email@example.com or (202) 387-2800.