Prepare the information on this checklist prior to completing your online application.
Before submitting a 2013 Fain Social Action Award application online, we recommend that you prepare the information on this checklist and have it easily available to “cut-and-paste” into your application. Once this information has been compiled, visit www.rac.org/fain to apply. Please note that once you begin the online application, you will not be able to stop, save your submission, and return to complete it at a later time. Please direct any questions to Isaac Nuell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.387.2800.
GENERAL CONTACT INFORMATION
- Congregation Information: Name, Mailing Address, Website, Number of Families, URJ District. If you do not know your congregation’s size or District, visit http://congregations.urj.org and view your congregation’s “Profile”
- Primary Contact for Application: Name, Title (Rabbi, Social Action Chair, Lay Leader, etc.), Email Address, Phone Number
- Clergy Contact: Name, Email
- Has your congregation ever won a Fain Award? Please note: If your congregation won a Fain Award in 2009 or 2011, you are not eligible to apply for a 2013 Fain Award. If your congregation received an Honorable Mention in 2009 or 2011, you are eligible to apply. All others are eligible.
- Program Title
- Goals (3): Please note: we seek programs that demonstrate creativity, involve a sizeable portion of the congregation, educate about social problems and Jewish values, promote effective advocacy work, build alliances with other community groups and are replicable.
- Target population, Number of participants, Frequency of program
- Budget Estimate
- Program Overview (brief): In 100 words or less, briefly describe the overall program. What did the program entail? How does it fulfill the Fain Award criteria?
- Pre-Program Preparation: In 500 words or less, share how the idea for this program developed. Who were your key players and planning partners? What work was done leading up to the event? What was your marketing strategy?
- Program Overview: Describe your program from start-to-finish. Include: key program components, where and when it was held, what role the volunteers played, etc.
- Results: In what ways did this program fill a need in the community? How did it impact the congregation and the larger community? What barriers did you have to overcome?If this was a fundraiser, how much money was raised? Can this program be replicated?
- Attachments: We strongly encourage congregations to include attachments. These additional components enhance your application and help us to better understand and assess your program. Please attach any/all of the following:
- Photos (Each application MUST include at least one digital photo)
- Program Materials (hand-outs, flyers, text studies, etc.)
- Press coverage (links or copies of articles from local newspapers, synagogue newsletters, etc.)
- Additional Information: Any additional information you’d like to share to help us better understand your program.
Contact Isaac Nuell at email@example.com or 202.387.2800.